Proper cleaning is an essential ingredient to any successful finishing operation. The majority of plating failures are the result of improper cleaning and activation cycles. Consistent and successful plating is achieved when cleaner selection and operating conditions have been given the same consideration as the plating process. Once the proper cleaning cycle has been determined, the finishing process can proceed with confidence.
Enthone offers a complete line of ENPREP® soak, spray and electrocleaners formulated specifically for cleaning and activating a variety of metal substrates. These products can have a major impact on overall finishing costs when you consider that surface conditioners can represent up to 50% of your chemical costs.
Process Flexibility for Application Flexibility
Because ENPREP products are application specific, you can select a pretreatment system tailored to your substrates, soils, and processing cycles. This ensures maximum cleaning performance and long solution life for the best cost/performance ratio.
Performance Characteristics Improve Plating Quality
ENPREP soak and electrocleaners and boosters provide high oil retention, and superior rinsability in rack and barrel plating applications. In addition to providing a clean, active surface for subsequent electroplating, ENPREP systems can lower operating costs by reducing reject rates.
ENPREP Creates Value
- Faster, economical, more efficient removal of soil from steel and copper.
- Provides stain and smut-free active surface for plating.
- Cycle-specific soak cleaners, electrocleaners, and boosters.
- Phosphated and non-phosphated cleaners to meet local discharge permits.
- Available as oil emulsifying or displacement to fit existing equipment.
- Non-chelated and chelated systems for process flexibility.
- Excellent rinsability. Easy to handle and store.